BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 18, 2008

And the year was 1988....




Do you remember what you were doing? Boy, I sure do! I was graduating from high school and - I'll save you the mental math - it's been 20 years! Check out those senior pics above! Russ was so cute, but I was about as "eighties" as it got! Part of me feels like it's been a lifetime ago, another part feels like it was last week! Fortunately I had a really great high school experience - I'm a Springdale Bulldog fan for life! Although I can think of some things I would have done differently, overall, the memories are sweet. I met my future husband, made some lasting friendships, participated in a lot of activities, learned from some mistakes, and received a few honors along the way. Now that I am a mother to a teenager (and another one approaching quickly), I can better appreciate my parents' wisdom and sympathize with their worry. Recently I asked my mother how in the world she was able to let me just drive off BY MYSELF into this dangerous world?! Come to think of it, I need to ask my sister-in-law (who has a brand spankin' new 16-year-old) how it feels.

Back to the class of '88 - Our former classmates are planning an awesome reunion - I'm so disappointed that we can't attend due to our sons' opening night of their football (see previous post!) season as well as other obligations that day. I'm counting on old friends to give me the complete scoop though ;) Hopefully we'll get to attend the alumni game the Friday night before - (Ugghhh - more football!) - haha

1 comments:

Sharon said...

OH.MY.GOSH! You all look so great! :) That is so classic!!