BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"See You at the Pole"


Mornings are busy. While most people were getting up, getting ready, and getting where they needed to get, teenage students all over the country were gathering at their respective flag poles to pour their heart out in prayer over their friends, their school, and their nation. It's called "See You at the Pole" and is a student-led prayer assembly held on the last Wednesday morning of September. Kristen had an opportunity to lead out this morning at her school, while Russ was asked to give a "salty" message to her peers. So neat to see!

Russ and I LOVE teenagers - we've been involved with that group for roughly 18 years now. In fact, several of the teens we ministered to in the past are now working with teens themselves, which is THE coolest thing! I've always thought that junior highs and high schools are some of the biggest mission fields out there. Attitudes about life and faith are, in many cases, set by the age of 18 - yikes! I am so convicted about praying for this generation and even more so, I am compelled to pray for my own teenager - Sure, I want her to be strong in her faith, but I want MORE for her! For her to allow God to use that faith and discipleship, put it in action, and influence other students. The harvest is plentiful....

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Ohhhhhhhh I remember those days!! WOW!

Russ said...

I praise God for the parents who rise to do battle for their kids before they even get up. That is where the victory is won...bless you!