BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Awesome movie


Russ and I got a chance to sneak away and watch the movie "Fireproof" - I loved it - such an inspiring film! He's also doing a sermon series in conjunction with the movie. So powerful, yet so relevant to the state of families these days. There's also a powerful song in the movie by Casting Crowns called "Slow Fade" - check it out on YouTube:
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-8SYA6rfbs&feature=related)

Words cannot express how blessed I feel about my husband and my marriage - as great as it is, I know that I must be vigilant to pray God's protection and blessings over it. Not only for Russ and I, but we've got 4 pairs of eyes that are watching, listening, and taking notes.....

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Isn't it eye opening. Man! We liked it too. I've had my first friend (really just someone I know) go through divorce and it is hard to watch. I don't really know her, but it has been eye opening. I have just heard about and seen several relationships crumble lately, like in the recent weeks and it is so scary! Who am I to think that it won't happen to me?! You are right...praying that protection is so important and even more now!

Luckily I had some good teaching in my "younger days" from some great examples! :) Miss you guys!

We live ONE STREET over from Lee and sarah! You all have to come visit and play Nerts! Lee said he would have us all over!!!

Cheryl said...

Aw, that would be so fun! So cool that two (actually three if you count Sarah!)different "kids" from our former youth ministries are serving in the same church AND live beside each other!