BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Clay!!!!!!!!!


We had a birthday weekend at our house. Our oldest son Clay turned 12 years old on Saturday! We spent the evening go-carting and playing mini-golf - it was a blast! Let me tell ya, Clay is a terror on the speedway - sure hope that gets under control before he turns 16 (in just 4 short years - yikes!) I'm not sure which of the Tyler men had more fun - Clay, Jake, or Russ (see pic below!)



Saturday we watched Jake play football, and Clay brought along some buddies (Ben, Cole, Dakota) to cheer the big man on. I'm not sure Cole got enough sleep the night before ;)




Madi snuggled up with Dad on this chilly morning. Too cute....


Final thoughts about the birthday boy:

** I thank God for his precious life. It's funny, three of our kids came at times we did not exactly "plan". But not Clay - we "plotted and planned" this guy - we wanted a boy and we wanted him in October (ha - so he would be two years younger than Kristen and for school and sports reasons - seems silly now!)
** He was a HAPPY baby and had the biggest open mouth smile I had ever seen. :D
** He was a RAMBUNCTIOUS toddler - not in a mean way - just always energetic and always looking for a good time!
** He's been off the charts in elementary school - although 5th and 6th grade has given him a challenge in being motivated and organized!!!
** Loves to LEAD - gets that from Dad....
** Lives and breathes sports and anything related to sports
** Has a GIRLFRIEND - oh my - I'm so not ready!
** He knows his Mom and Dad LOVE him and are his biggest fans.
** He's given his heart to Christ, so therefore our greatest prayer for him is that he grow in his walk and impact his world because of that relationship.

1 comments:

Aimee said...

Cheryl! I'm so glad I found you. I saw your comment on Rachel's blog. Your family is PRECIOUS!! I can't believe how big your oldest two are. :) They grow WAY too fast!! They are beautiful children! I know you guys are having fun with them.