BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 21, 2008

Reflections of a birthday girl....

Ok so today is my 39th (*sigh*) birthday and I've been challenged to think of 39 things I'm thankful for off the top of my head - sort of random order except for the first few..... here goes:

1. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, no question!
2. My most precious gift from #1... my husband Russ.
3. My awesome kids (lump in throat...)
4. My church.
5. My incredible extended family and friends from all stages of my life.
6. My home that I've been privileged to live in for 12 years.
7. My van that is always willing to cart around an extra kid or two.
8. A college degree and the freedom to choose not to use it while I'm home with children.
9. My health.
10. My family's health.
11. Coffee, flavored that is.
12. Technology like FB and blogging to stay in contact with friends new and old.
13. Pictures of my kids.
14. The kid's schools that are a block away.
15. Godly teachers who love what they do.
16. Working with teens for the last 18 years.
17. Stolen times alone with each of my children.
18. Date night with my husband.
19. Lazy days at the pool in the summer.
20. Sweet neighbors.
21. Disney channel, Nickelodeon, and PBS Kids for occupying Madi for just a second!
22. Old photos and home videos.
23. High school football games.
24. Shopping just for the fun of it.
25. My country and its freedoms.
26. Snow days (and no place to go!).
27. New shoes.
28. American Idol
29. When a really good song comes on the radio.
30. A clean house that stays that way for more than five minutes.
31. Unexpected blessings, large and small.
32. Opportunities to serve other people.
33. Road trips.
34. My kid's activities.
35. A book that I can't put down.
36. My bible study group.
37. A good night's sleep.
38. My dogs.
39. Another birthday to count my blessings...

2 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday!! Love your list!

Rae Ann said...

Happy 'late' birthday Cheryl:) Such a sweet family and a wonderful mom you are! I am keeping in touch with your 'blog'. Keep it up...love you all.