BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 3, 2008

Trunk or Treat....

We had such a great time on Friday! Our church hosts a "Trunk or Treat" every year and this one was probably the best - we estimated around 300 folks on our grounds that night taking part in games (set up in the trunks of vehicles lined up in our parking lot), activities, door prizes, and a chili cook-off. My hat's off to our Children's minister, Derenda, who successfully pulls this off! It's a great way to reach out to families in our community and provide them a safe, fun alternative for their kiddos.

I can't post without a few pictures: Russ was the "Crocodile Hunter" (rats - no picture!), Madi was "Sleeping Beauty", Jake was a Ninja Turtle, Kristen was a football player,and Clay was, well... Clay. Kristen was with friends that night, so I didn't get a picture, but her costume included Russ's 9th grade football jersey from his days at Central Junior High! I loved it!!!


Too cool for costumes, I guess ;)



Madi and her friend Skylar at her preschool parade



Madi and her friend Katie (Katie had just bobbed for apples!)



Jake and his friend Will



The ponies were a hit!



Madi, Jake, and our sweet neighbor Patty

~

Well I'm finally done picking all the Snickers bars out of my kids' candy collection - I'm sure they will never notice :-}


0 comments: