BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm convinced twirling is a sport!

Back in junior high and high school I had the awesome privilege of being involved in cheerleading... some of my sweetest memories are cheer related... working hard at practice, thrilling Friday night football, not to mention the best friends in the world. I'm getting to see a little of that in my own daughter's life, not as a cheerleader, but as a majorette, or baton twirler, in the high school band. Friday night football is definitely the highlight of her week. The band started practicing August 1st, and the majorette line practices twice a week after school. They work so hard, and they are a joy to watch. This year they added KNIVES to the show.... well, I wasn't so sure about that, but it is such an impressive show with the music and everything put together. The talent in this band is unbelievable, but maybe I'm just prejudiced! Here are some pics I've collected through the season. I'm sad to see it end until next year. Now she'll have to really concentrate on that flute!









0 comments: