BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 30, 2009

Remembering....

Gosh, I love high school football.
I can't even count the number of times I've been to Springdale Bulldog Stadium... as a kid going with my parents... in junior high it was the social event of the week... in high school I had the ultimate sideline view, (keeping my eye on my best friend #9 of course!) Then during the first eleven years of marriage, Russ and I were in youth ministry, which meant attending LOTS of football games... sometimes with our students on both sides of the field. Now that we have a child in high school and three more coming up, hopefully we get to enjoy many more games. This weekend Southside gets to play in the state championship, after some pretty intense playoff games. They'll be playing Har-Ber, which technically, is "sort of" Springdale - ha! But I'll be cheering for the Rebels, and I'm also very excited about watching my daughter perform at War Memorial Stadium. Win (hopefully) or lose, what a memory this will be for all the students involved.

So speaking of "remembering", I couldn't help but post a few of my favorite shots from Russ's senior year. I scanned these a couple of years ago so I could preserve all our old clippings. The newspaper back then was so good about putting tons of pictures in the sports section after each game. I was so proud of my guy even as a 17-year-old... he played his heart out on every down and never ever gave up. He has always taught our boys that if they are going to play anything, they better play it with passion!


0 comments: